Pennsylvania Dutch Hex Signs
(I’m going to type what’s on the photo. Just in case yous don’t want to click to zoom. uwu lazy butts))
The Pennsylvania Dutch were actually Germans. Their “hex signs” were painted on barns, carved into furniture, and hammered on to utensils. They were thought to bring luck, love, and abundance. and ward off misfortune such as fire and lightening. Hex signs were originally called “sech circles,” because the first ones all included six-pointed star in a circle. The Pennsylvania Dutch call them “Hexerie” or “Jinks”. They are usually painted in bright colors. These designs are just a few.
- The Unicorn Hex: Strength and courage to strive for your goals; virtue; love; faith, hope and charity.
- The Six-Pointed Lobe Hex: All the kinds of love, and protection of them.
- The Lucky Star Hex: Each color symbolizes luck, in many things: lucky in love, lucky in fortune, lucky in friendship, lucky in your job, etc. Also protection against fire.
- The Oak Leaf Hex: Strength in body, mind, and character. The scalloped border represents smooth sailing in life.
- The Health Hex: Protection of your health from all disease. The various diseases are represented by different colors in the rosette.
- The Distlefink Hex: Good Luck, love, and happiness. Often put on new houses: insures a happy household, especially if it has a blue background. The tulips mean faith, hope, and charity.
- The Triple, Five-Pointed Star of Luck, Love, and Happiness Hex: Also strong protection against fires.
hey i used to b uglier believe it or not
Awe. So cute.
I like how this turned out! I don’t know if I have a style or not I just draw something every once in a while. This is based on some cool clothing I saw online.
Please don’t reupload
9/100 gifs of Jang Dongwoo: Cutie at a photoshoot
Infinite - Be Back
i need that